Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pediatrics Overview

By Laura Villarreal

The past couple weeks I have really considering what I want to do with my life. I know I want to be a doctor and I know I want to work with kids. My big question was, which career will give me that? I don’t think I am cut out to be a surgeon or work in a big hospital. I don’t like to be rushed or feel stressed. I have a lot of ideals for my perfect workplace that have to be balanced realistically. The number one obvious choice for a future career is a pediatrician. Pediatricians are generally located in doctors offices. They provide general care for children with health issues while collaborating with other health care providers to insure full quality care for each child. Being a pediatrician requires 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, and 3 years completed in a residency program. Pediatrics also has many sub specialties within itself. These sub specialties will require another 3-4 years in a fellowship. I feel that something within pediatrics will be the right fit for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment